Thursday, July 23, 2009

Leaving Today for Kansas City

Today was my good friends birthday and all he wanted to do was go play disc golf. So after we both got off work we headed out for Hornings Hideout to play both courses. We started on the canyon course and Kyle was off to a slow start. He has not had the time to play lately with a new baby so he was shaking the cobwebs off and by hole 7 he was back into the swing of things. We both had a good time playing the course. The weather was perfect, it was not too hot nor was it cold. There was a slight breeze outside the trees but the air was flat inside the canyon.

We ended up skipping holes 13 & 14 as we caught a large group and we wanted to get a chance to play the Hillside course before it got dark. After putting out on hole 18 of the canyon course we headed for Tee 1 on the hillside course. After we threw on hole 1 we decided we should have left our bags in the car. Fortunately we took our bags so Kyle and I had more opportunity to work on some putts. We both played pretty well and Kyle grabbed a couple birdies on the front 9 and matched them on the back nine. I played the course solely with my Blue Stumptown Wizard and the disc did wonders. Man I wish I had another one of those!

Kyle really liked the shot on hole 12 and threw two disc off that tee. When we got to the basket on hole 15 Kyle had thrown a little short and was looking at a scary putt so he laid up his putt and I asked him if he really wanted to do that on his birthday? He responded with a second putt and blew it wide but I was proud of him for going for it. On hole 16 Kyle threw a great drive with his Avair and it nearly went in. All in all I think Kyle had a great time and enjoyed his birthday of disc golf.

Well it is time for me to zip up the suitcase and get ready to head to the airport. Natalie is sitting next to me as I type this but now I am really starting to feel how much I will miss her so I am going to finish this post and hang out with her. I will post again tomorrow morning hopefully from Houston and then again from KC!

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your comments, they will be posted shortly.