Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Great Shuffle has happened

Today was a better day for the weather in Kansas City, we woke to sunshine and low humidity. We got out of bed at 6:10 am and headed to Water Works for our third round. I was a little nervous going into Water Works, because I had played it so poorly in our practice round. My round started on hole 9 which is a very good hole to start on and is in a position on the course that allows for a good warm up before hitting some of the easier holes. I played most of the course at par but ran into trouble as we made the turn into the lower section of the course on hole 3. I went bogey, par, bogey then turned it around and ended birdie, birdie, birdie. Course par was set at 55 and I shot a 54. The round was good for me I stayed patient and composed even though a guy in my group was lighting it up. Jason did not fair as well at Water Works, he was having some stomach issues and could not keep his focus. He ended up shooting a 62 and he was really bummed about it so we headed back to the hotel room after the round and relaxed and hung out.

We decided to head to Wyco at 12:30 pm for our second round and to get something to eat along the way. Jason was feeling better and was ready to play so we practiced some putting and then we split off to head to our starting holes. I started on hole 7 and Jason started on 14. My round started off horribly, I gave up 10 strokes in the first 8 holes and then shot -1 on the last 11 to finish at 63, OUCH!!! Jason had a great round and figured out his drive and shot a 58. I was really glad he bounced back and shot well. From the sounds of it he was really happy with the round other than a few missed short putts. We were hoping that we would both be shooting good enough to be in the same pool and Jason's strong round was a glimpse of hope that he had clawed his way back in.

When we went to the Fly Mart(vendor sales day) at 7:30 pm at the host hotel the shuffle results had happened and were posted. It just so happens that Jason and I are separated for our last 2 rounds on Thursday and Friday. I play Blue Valley tomorrow with a 9 am tee time and Jason plays Shawnee Mission at 3 pm. Jason has offered to caddie for me at Blue Valley and then we are going to have to book it over to Shawnee Mission for Jason's round and I will caddie for him. It looks like tonight calls for Thunderstorms and rain again ending sometime in the early morning, and I hope it has time to dry out the tee pads and grass. Blue Valley is really long and footing will be key in up shots and second throws. I need to focus tomorrow and make up some strokes so that I can get into the K pool but I am happy to have made it into the L pool from the M pool. Right now I am in 117 place and need to climb up to 64th place if I want to make the semi-finals.

There is more golf to come and Jason and I still need to shoot our hot rounds, lets hope that we both can shoot hot rounds in both of our last 2 attempts.

Peter Belizi on the other hand is having a good chance of playing in the semi-finals, he is in 49th place and is playing some good golf. I have a feeling that Peter is still going to shoot a really hot round.

See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments, they will be posted shortly.